August 23, 2010

Fuck it.

I'm not interested in changing the world. I would if it was easy maybe, or if I thought the journey would be worthwhile, but it's not my taste. I kind of regret never actually reading the material in philosophy, there was one guy I thought I would agree with. But I didn't read it, and there's no sense talking about it with no more real information that what would fit into an essay title. I just respect people's perspectives, and just because I believe what I believe that doesn't mean it's "right": although I'm hardly certain something like that exists. All I can do, all that I WANT to do, is to reflect a world greater than this in myself: to show that there's more to existence than the slice we hide ourselves in. Maybe setting a precedent will help somethin; but most likely it'll just fill my need to be spiteful. But hey, spite has always been the best part of me.

I've hid behind laziness and fear for too long. I will prove exactly what is "Just life", and what we simple stop ourselves from achieving. I have no need to violently change my lifestyle, but from now on I will never do something I don't agree with, never align myself with principles I hate. I never actually read Watchmen, but I think I'd like Rorschach from what I have heard. "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the best times in life comes when one realizes that it is useless to try to change the world without, first and foremost, trying to understand it.
    Either way, it's not a good idea to just stop at the perfect idea. You create the life you want, so don't let inaction get in the way.
    Also, read Watchmen. Get it from the library and read it. It's great. You are like Rorschach, but don't make his same mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have since read and loved Watchmen. I'm curious what you think his mistakes are though, aside from being mentally unstable.

    ReplyDelete