July 22, 2010

Welcome to the NHK

So. I'm going to talk about a manga. The one I named in the title. It's a comedy, I think, but it focuses on a lot of important things. Everyone in the manga is hugely flawed, or minimized by society. The main character is an easily impassioned college dropout who avoids all social contact and lives off of allowance from his parents. Just about everything he could do as a "worthless person" he does throughout the story, all while trying to improve himself. It's a story of everything being fucked up and complicated with each step seeming to only lead deeper into the shithole you know you only have yourself to blame for. It's an awesome story, as bizarre a concoction as it is. I don't really know why I'm talking about it, so I'll just leave it at that. If anyone is interested it's hosted online here: http://www.onemanga.com/NHK_ni_Yokoso/

No comments:

Post a Comment