December 13, 2009

So meta, it's almost meta.

So, I tried to write up a blog post a while ago on a bunch of my less developed ideas on the nature of this reality. I made some progress, but then hit a major snag when I came across an idea I just couldn't explain no matter how much I thought about it. Incredibly infuriating. I gave up on it, but I figured I might as well turn trying to write a blog entry into a blog entry, as I kinda lack material.

Anyway, the incorrigible idea came when I was thinking about the elements of system, chaos, and personality. Not perfect words for what I mean I'm sure, but they're what I've got for now. System is just the clockwork of the universe, the laws of physics and the particles that respond to them. 1 + 1 = 2 and such, predetermined with only one correct response. Personality is the quality that allows beings to be unique and place values and meanings on things. Chaos is the possibly nonexistent element of freedom, which without remains only one path from the beginning to the end of the universe: like a film reel. Somehow, I can't help but think personality is dependent on chaos and is simply an illusion when there is no choice ever. I just don't have a clue why I think this is true.

Well there you have it, my story of woe between this here pondering and its mortal foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment