December 31, 2009

To-do list

I think I’m starting to get a bit addicted to self-improvement, despite my laziness. This is good, for to live the unusual kind of life I’d like to live, unusual knowledge and skills are needed. Rather than just picking up whatever, specific things I’d like to learn about and courses I’d like to take I am going to add to this list. What I can think of, anyway. These are all more specific trade like skills, rather than general knowledge or academic subjects where producing or using something is only possible after huge understanding is achieved, like Biology.
First aid course
Driving skills, standard and automatic (working on this)
Paramedic course
Leatherworking
Maybe a bit of sewing?
Metalworking (Metals Processing in high school)
Woodworking (More carving than actual carpentering)
Old school forging
Basic electronic wiring skills (Microelectronics in high school, it didn’t really stick.)
Linux mastery
Ability to program light code (working on it)
Basic understanding of various types of engines (Internal combustion, electric, less so aircraft) and power plants (It annoys me that I don’t know how the thing which drives our society works)
3d art
“Freecycling” minus the politics Scrounging useful trash
Graffiti
Freerunning
Get some work experience as a backup
Harmonica
A striking martial art that uses most of the body
Making carbon nanotubes doesn’t seem very hard...
Cooking vegetarian, possibly eventually levelling up to vegan

That’s all I can think of right now, and it’s a lot to master. I’d love it if readers were to add some goals of their own to the comments: we can root each other on trying to accomplish them. Especially if we share some of the same ones :D

3 comments:

  1. So this idea is going to be stolen...by me. But I'll do it on my blog so people can actually have something to read. I would like how to learn how to do a lot of the stuff though, especially metal and woodworking. I once thought of being a mechanic...but then I realized I only really love taking things appart.

    And I can help with 3 of these things, if you're interested! I love teaching people how to drive, and I'm a lifeguard, so I know first aid! Lastly, although I absolutely bomb at it, I can sew. I made a quilt once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m taking driver`s ed, so I`m already good there I think. I would like to try being a paramedic at one point, so I will need some sort of certificate for first aid. Still, if you could give me a few pointers it would be cool. I`d much appreciate it if you could teach me to sew then.

    ReplyDelete