January 9, 2010

Gah!

Ok, so my post this time is mostly just a link. To a flamewar. Flamewars aren't my style, and I feel a bit ashamed I was part of one, but when facing elitism continuing to act all polite with insults flying at you just comes off as deference, and deference is not a good way to cure elitism. I do feel like I crossed a couple lines here, but I instigated nothing and they just wouldn't READ what I was saying, which was getting me annoyed.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/topic.php?topic=11874&post=46087&uid=263295450604#post46087

The most interesting part of this is that some of you actually know one of the people I was arguing with, so I'm about guaranteed a neutral response.

3 comments:

  1. Gah! That was long and arduous and I'm not done yet. BUT I replied there. So, feel free to read. :)

    OH! And how'd you get the top of the screen a picture? Because I really wanna do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Like I said, I feel ashamed I was involved. I really try to avoid flamewars. For some reason I kept thinking that if I threw her off her rhythm, then she'd think about it more and it would be alright; and she was kinda arrogant, so I tried to bring her down a little. I was stupid. I read over some of what I said later as well and it seemed a lot worse, there were some things that seemed really harsh that I didn't mean like that at all :(

    Thanks for the response.

    You go to the customize screen thing and hit edit for the title. The picture thing should be one of the options.

    ReplyDelete