January 18, 2010

Things everyone should know

This was originally something of a first draft. It's too heavy for me to go through now though.

The last year has shown me much more of the realities and pain of people. It's been an enlightening experience, and a saddening one. I don't regret witnessing at all, and if ever I was able help even a little I'm glad. Why are people so apologetic for showing who they are and what their problems are? Perfection is unattainable, you don't need to feel sorry for not being it, or for not knowing the future (stupid Zara...).

I would be honoured to trade my life for anyone I call friend. I care about you. All of you, even if you're creeping this blog and I don't even know you. You are worth something. You are not inferior, you are not a failure of a human. No one is. There are people out there, whether you know them yet or not, who will care for and love you and help you find your path. We are called friends. You don't need to hide yourself if you don't want to; and if you think we will only be bothered by your problems, you are wrong. You are valuable, and we will do our best to help and protect you. We will never feel less of you for showing what you feel. You don't need to bottle everything up inside, you don't need to try and be perfect. Just be you. Don't let anyone judge you, they don't matter.

Everyone is their own individual, a thoroughly unique and complicated piece of art. There is nothing which makes you less than another.

EDIT: Oh! Oh! I'm now contributing to another Blog now! Check it out: http://exposureextraordinaire.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sorry, Mark :) Like I said...same panes of existence, our crazy minds. This was very touching, and true, and something I tell people every time they do come to me with their problems. You are fabulous! I thought of a particular quote that kinds of sums this up for me; "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seusse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it doesn't really matter, this post totally spiralled in a different direction, it only really touched on perfection. I guess you'd already said what I needed to on that.

    Thanks, you are too. That's actually one of my favourite quotes, although I don't often use quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make an exception for Dr. Seuss. :) Glad to be of service, then!

    ReplyDelete